1 can refried beans
1 lb. ground beef, seasoned & cooked (see below)
16 oz sour cream
4 C. Lettuce (50/50 iceburge & romain)
Pinch of salt
1 tsp dried oregano
fresh cilantro, 1 bunch, finely chopped
About 3 cups guacamole (store bought or homemade)
Juice of 1 lime
1 container fresh salsa, drained (not jarred)
About 2 cups shredded SHARP cheddar cheese
black olives (as garnish)
- In a 12X15 tray, spread the refried beans evenly overlapping the edges just a tiny bit along the sides then sprinkle the ground beef evenly. Next spread the sour cream carefully using the back of a wet spoon.
- Now add the lettuce and sprinkle with salt, oregano and fresh cilantro. Spread the guacamole in the same manner as the sour cream using the wet spoon, then squeeze fresh lime juice over the guacamole. This prevents the guacamole from turning brown.
- Drain the salsa well and spread evenly. Please note that this is the salsa found in the produce section of the supermarket. NOT JARRED. Using jarred will make the salad watery and it will not hold together when serving.
- Now top with cheese and garnish with black olives.
- Serve with tortilla chip & Enjoy